Takeaways and additional resources from Navendu's session on 'Non-Code Contributions to Open-Source' .
Have questions? Comment below or reach out to me at @sudo_navendu .
You can also checkout this Twitter thread for a quick summary of my talk.
🤩 11 days to go until @hacktoberfest !— Navendu Pottekkat (@sudo_navendu) September 18, 2021
Here are some ways you can contribute to open-source projects WITHOUT contributing code.
A thread 👇.
Why Contribute to Open-Source?
- Open-source is gaining traction and is the new norm
- Companies are hiring people with open-source skills and experience
- Build your skills, resume and your network
- Be part of a community, get mentorship or contribute to projects you use
Why Non-Code Contributions?
- Has huge impact
- You are skilled in non-code ways
- Stepping stone to contributing code
How to Make Non-Code Contributions?
You can engage in:
- Community Managing/Organising
Learn more about non-code contributions here: How to Make Non-Code Contributions to Open-Source Projects .
Thank you for reading "Webinar: Non-Code Contributions to Open-Source".